STANDARD OPTIONS & FEATURES
INWESCO’s standard line of underground access doors and grates has a long list of features to enhance the reliability, and the safety and security of underground vaults and enclosures. Don’t find what you need here? We have a complete engineering and fabrication facility to meet your special requirements.
- Our hinged covers are available with or without torsion assist. Torsion assist allows for ease of opening and reduced risk of back and finger injury.
- Our covers are easily opened through either recessed lift handles or pick holes.
- Self-locking and slam lock devices give added safety and security.
- Pentahead bolt-down features give additional security.
- Recessed padlock designs give increased security.
- Interchangeable identification plates with the required markings allow flexibility of product use.
- Identification markings created by welding or stampings are also available.
- Drag-off type covers, with bolt-down features as compared to hinges, are available.
- Articulated hinged doors and covers are available to open 90 or 180 degrees.
- Frame options allow for water drainage systems, skirting and self-leveling, self-cleaning, and a variety of concrete-to-cover embedding options. Water-resistant frame assemblies provide drainage system to keep run-off out of underground concrete enclosures.
- Available viewport options allow easy access for inspection.
- Wide array of materials and surface treatments available for corrosion protection.
- Galvanized finish
- Aluminum (both frame and doors or "combo")
- Stainless steel (both frame and doors or "combo")
- Powder coating
Various options for slip-resistance to meet high coefficient of friction criteria for many cities and municipalities are available:
- Diamond pattern "floor plate"
- Slipnot/Algrip-applied texture
- Concrete "pan filled"
- Concrete/plastic polymer